No One Left Behind

In 2015, world leaders committed to a new 15-year global development agenda designed to eliminate poverty and inequality, and ensure environmental sustainability.

The adoption of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development—which includes targets on gender equality and universal access to sexual and reproductive health—was a hard-won victory that required years of sustained advocacy by IPPF/WHR and the IPPF UN Liaison Office, as well as our local partners, who brought their expertise and voices to the floor of the United Nations through our technical support, strong relationships with UN member states, and funding.

The 2030 Agenda has the potential to transform the lives of women and girls, as it drives global financial policies and influences national priorities. But, to ensure that this change happens, we will continue to build the advocacy capacity of our local partners to hold their governments accountable for the promises they made.

In 2014, the richest 10% of people in Latin America had amassed 71% of the region’s wealth. Experts predict that if this trend continues, in just six years, the richest 1% in the region will have accumulated more wealth than the remaining 99%.